Marinomed at a glance
Marinomed Biotech AG is a biopharmaceutical company focused on inventing, developing, and partnering clinically meaningful therapies for patients suffering from serious viral infectious diseases and autoreactive immune disorders. Our business model is based on what we do best: validating innovative approaches, preclinical and clinical drug development, and out-licensing. In successful collaborations, we leverage what our pharmaceutical partners do best: clinical development, regulatory affairs and commercialization. Marinomed has received multiple prestigious research awards for its activities.
Since its foundation in 2006, Marinomed has launched two powerful technologies with great potential for treating viral diseases, and immune disorders. An active pipeline with both Carragelose®- and Marinosolv®-based candidates has successfully proven the value of these technologies in respiratory viral and allergy indications, respectively.
The Marinosolv® solubilization technology enhances the efficacy and bioavailability of hardly water-soluble compounds. This innovative technology has the potential to sustainably change a number of therapies for indications in the field of autoreactive immune disorders. The flagship product Budesolv (solubilized Budesonide) for the treatment of allergic rhinitis has successfully completed a pivotal Phase 3 clinical study and has been outlicensed to a first partner for the development and marketing in Greater China.
Marinomed also offers Solv4U technology partnerships based on its patented-protected Marinosolv® technology to support pharmaceutical companies in formulation development for hydrophobic small-moleculesin all stages of drug discovery.
The virology segment includes Carragelose® based over-the-counter products for the prophylaxis and therapy of viral infections of the upper respiratory tract, which are partnered in more than 40 countries with international partners. In addition, Marinomed is developing drugs based on iota-carrageenan for various serious viral infectious diseases.
Carragelose® effective against SARS-CoV-2 and first deal for Marinosolv®
- Positive clinical data against SARS-CoV-2
- Encouraging clinical data for Tacrosolv
- First international deal for the Marinosolv platform with USD 2 million down payment
- Launch of Solv4U business area
COVID, Marinosolv® patent & new headquarter in Korneuburg
- Two clinical trials of Carragelose nasal sprays for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19 initiated after successful in vitro results against SARS-CoV-2
- Marinosolv platform receives patent for the generation of aqueous solutions from insoluble compounds
- Implementation of new Marinomed headquarter in Korneuburg, AT
IPO & Validation of Marinosolv® technology
- IPO in February, quotation in the prime market segment at Vienna Stock Exchange
- Clinical validation of the Marinosolv® platform with successful completion of phase III pivotal study for Budesolv
- Award: Eva Prieschl-Grassauer wins Börsianer Salon participant of the year 2019
- Certification of a new Carragelose® nasal spray with decongestant properties
- Start of phase III clinical study for the flagship product Budesolv
Stock corporation & Budesolv flagship product
- Change of legal form to a stock corporation
- Issue of a convertible bond with a conversion option in the event of an IPO
- Preparation of a phase III clinical study for the flagship product Budesolv
- Development of and feasibility study for the Marinosolv® technology platform
- Completion of a joint round of funding involving aws Mittelstandsfonds Beteiligungs GmbH & Co KG, Invest Unternehmensbeteiligungs AG, together with private investors from the management team and company environment
- Winner of the Houska prize in the category "Research & development KMU".
Start: Carragelose®-business grows
- Further product launches and sales partnerships
Carragelose®-business network established
- Approval in 22 additional countries
- Development of an independent sales network with outsourced production and logistics begins
- First-time investment by ARAX Capital Partners (atypical silent partner)
- Licensing partnership with Boehringer Ingelheim, initially for 54 countries
- Market launch of the first Carragelose® product and equity investment by Acropora
- Development of the virus-blocking compound Carragelose® derived from red seaweed
- Foundation and start-up financing for Marinomed Biotechnologie GmbH as a spin-off from the University of Veterinary Medicine in Vienna
- seed investment via aws, investment by Acropora