ESG Highlights 2022
- Expansion of the photovoltaic system from 20 kWp to 28 kWp
- 16% of electricity consumption covered by own photovoltaic system in 2022
- Gas consumption reduced by 54.8% compared to the same period of the previous year due to savings measures
- Gender Diversity Index Austria 2022: Marinomed again among top three in 3rd place
- Human resources department strengthened
- CSO Eva Prieschl-Grassauer was awarded the Golden Decoration of Merit of the Republic of Austria for her scientific achievements and their translation into commercial success
Sustainability Report 2022
Sustainability at Marinomed
We are convinced that we can only be successful in the long term through sustainable developments. In all our decisions, we consider aspects that are not only beneficial for the Company or our stakeholders, but are also guided by the impact our actions have on our employees, our environment and our reputation as a Company.
Our vision and primary goal is to protect and improve the health and well-being of people. With our technologies and innovations, we want to address diseases that have so far been insufficiently treated, improve existing therapies and give as many people as possible access to high-quality treatments. With this objective, we pursue a sustainable strategy from the ground up. This continues in the other aspects of our corporate governance, as this report will show. Decisions are continuously reviewed for sustainability aspects and regularly addressed by the Management Board and Supervisory Board. We also intend to incorporate sustainability criteria into important corporate guidelines, such as the remuneration policy and the rules of procedure for the Management Board and Supervisory Board. For example, the Supervisory Board has already linked parts of the variable remuneration of the Management Board for 2022 to the sustainable development goals of the Company.
The Company has extensive expertise in virology and immunology and an active pipeline based on its Carragelose and Marinosolv technology platforms. The success of its product development is reflected in a marketed OTC portfolio as well as other products already in the authorization process. We are working hard on translating our expertise into innovation and thus make our contribution to a future worth living.
Marinomed is committed to the rules of the Austrian Corporate Governance Code in the version of January 2018 and complies with all rules required by law (L-Rules) and to a large extent with the rules required by the Code (C-Rules). C-Rules that have not yet been fully complied with are consistently reviewed and their treatment explained in the Corporate Governance Report.